I never knew until that moment how bad it could hurt to lose something you never really had. ~From the television show The Wonder Years

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I have been blessed

I hear other girls talk about how they don't get along with their mother-in-law, and it makes me appreciate mine so much more. Since I first met my mother-in-law she has been so kind to me. She has had a lot of good reasons not to like me, and not to want me to marry her son. She had a right to fear for her son. She had a right to be wary of me and she was. Even for that I am thankful! It just shows me how much she really cares. And now we have a great relationship. I have a great relationship with both of my in-laws. They have had two other daughter-in-laws in the past and both of them caused a lot of hurt in the family. I am just so happy that we have each other now. Our relationship has grown into something wonderful. And I know that they know and believe that i really do love their son, and that I am going to do whatever i need to do to make out marriage work. And they also know that I am going to do whatever i need to do to make my relationship with them work. I love them. My mother in law and i went shopping together for the first time yesterday. It was just us, no guys allowed. We had so much fun! I wasn't really looking forward to doing some shopping that i really needed to do, but she came along and it made all the difference in the world. =)


I truly have been blessed in so many ways! I just wanted to share that. =)

2 comments:

Beth said...

It makes a difference doesn't it. :)

The Kamps said...

it sure does!